For more than 30 years, OFI has provided innovative electrical solutions across Australia to the Mining and Resource, Government and Defence, Fuels and Explosives and other key sectors.
Our specialist Electrical Engineering, Automation, Instrumentation and Design and Construction capabilities are borne from embracing evolutions within our industry, active research and development of new ideas and a consistent commitment to the development of our people, infrastructure and systems, to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Our dynamic team is comprised of excellent communicators who are skilled in their chosen field and understand the importance of collaboration and perseverance. We are proud and committed to our reputation as the team with the skills, fortitude and adaptability to always deliver.
OFI is seeking an experienced Senior Design Electrical Engineer to be based either in Perth or Bunbury, Western Australia with more than ten years’ experience in Industrial Electrical applications within Australia.
The successful candidate will join an engaged and motivated team, dedicated to pursuing industry breakthroughs and elite systems performance, for the benefit of our clients.
OFI Powers Opportunity by:
- Investing in your continued training and development;
- Providing a supportive work environment with robust and proven systems and processes;
- Supporting and encouraging innovative and ground breaking solutions;
- Being wholly committed to maintaining strong safety standards: OFI has had no Lost Time Injuries (LTIs) since we opened our doors in 1989.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold (as a minimum) an Australian applicable, Electrical Engineering Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 10 years’ post graduate experience in Industrial Electrical applications within Australia;
- Be capable of managing and mentoring a team of engineers and draftspeople;
- Have capability to read and interpret P & IDs and have demonstrable experience in electrical design with high competency in a mix of design arenas including Power Systems, Control, Instrumentation and Communications;
- Have an excellent understanding of AS/NZS 3000, AS/NZS2067 and applicable other electrical Australian Standards and State Regulations;
- Lead all aspects of HV/LV design and power systems analysis projects across a wide range of industries eg. mining, processing plants, fuels infrastructure, power generation etc;
- Perform maximum demand calculations and have power system modelling experience including earthing and bonding systems, arc flash assessments etc;
- Provide engineering support including functional specification development, design coordination, safety in design, constructability reviews, testing and commissioning and ensure that the design deliverables are meeting a high quality standard applying engineering quality;
- Have demonstrated Hazardous Area Design experience for flammable and dust installations;
- Be capable of writing reports and specifications for electrical works with a sufficient understanding of the control system and writing philosophy documents eg. Basis of Design (BoD), CSFD etc;
- Have HV/LV electrical distribution system design and commissioning experience;
- Diagnose clients’ needs by asking clear questions, processing information and providing recommendations;
- Perform site inspections for compliance with design and standards, and including identification of issues and risks;
- Be capable and willing to work away in remote locations from time to time.
TO APPLY: Please call (08) 9701 9232 for a preliminary phone interview with our HR team.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT apply by sending us your CV – these applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Only applicants with current legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
No recruitment agencies please.