For more than 30 years, OFI has provided innovative electrical solutions across Australia to the Mining and Resource, Government and Defence, Fuels and Explosives and other key sectors.
Our specialist Electrical Engineering, Automation, Instrumentation and Design and Construction capabilities are borne from embracing evolutions within our industry, active research and development of new ideas and a consistent commitment to the development of our people, infrastructure and systems, to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Our dynamic team is comprised of excellent communicators who are skilled in their chosen field and understand the importance of collaboration and perseverance. We are proud and committed to our reputation as the team with the skills, fortitude and adaptability to always deliver.
OFI is seeking an experienced Senior Design Electrical Engineer to be based either in Perth or Bunbury, Western Australia with more than ten years’ experience in Industrial Electrical applications within Australia.
The successful candidate will join an engaged and motivated team, dedicated to pursuing industry breakthroughs and elite systems performance, for the benefit of our clients.
OFI Powers Opportunity by:
- Investing in your continued training and development;
- Providing a supportive work environment with robust and proven systems and processes;
- Supporting and encouraging innovative and ground breaking solutions;
- Being wholly committed to maintaining strong safety standards: OFI has had no Lost Time Injuries (LTIs) since we opened our doors in 1989.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Reside in Perth or Bunbury;
- Hold a current WA Drivers’ Licence;
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ Post Graduate Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls (E&IC) Design experience in Heavy Industrial Applications within Australia;
- Have an Australian Electrical Engineering Bachelor Degree and a valid membership with Engineers Australia;
- Have strong management skills to mentor a team of engineers and drafts people;
- Be able to read and interpret P & IDs;
- Have demonstrated experience in a mix of design areas e.g. Power Systems, Control, Instrumentation and Communications;
- Have a strong understanding of Australian Electrical Standards, Western Australian Electrical Regulations and Defence contracts and standards;
- Provide engineering support including functional specification development, design coordination, safety in design direction and reviews, constructability reviews, testing and commissioning assistance and ensure that design deliverables are met;
- Be highly organised with excellent time management skills;
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills to liaise with clients, suppliers, subcontractors and OFI personnel;
- Have demonstrated design and commissioning experience in Hazardous Area Design & Construction (D&C) projects;
- Have the capability of writing reports and specifications for electrical works with a sufficient understanding of the control system and writing philosophy documents e.g. Basis of Design (BoD), CSFD etc.
TO APPLY: Please call (08) 9701 9232 for a preliminary phone interview with our HR team.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT apply by sending us your CV – these applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Only applicants with current legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
No recruitment agencies please.