About the role
OFI is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team. The role will be based in our Bunbury office and will be responsible for managing and coordinating project activities, including but no limited to:
- Participation in business development as required
- Early stage involvement in development of estimations and proposals
- Participation in client negotiations, discussions and meetings as required
- Procurement and resource management
- Schedule development and management
- Financial tracking and management
- Management and communication of risks associated directly or indirectly with projects and wider company
- Facilitation of OHSEQ requirements and documentation
- Conduct regular site inspections to verify compliance, budgets, schedules, progress, completion, defects etc
- Interfacing with other OFI divisions on designs and constructability
- Participation in project meetings, workshops and planning with clients, including HAZOPS, CRAWs, risk assessments, design workshops, constructability reviews etc
- Oversee and supervise electrical works as required
- Supervise staff, contractors, subcontractors and new starters
The right candidate will join our dynamic team of excellent communicators who are skilled in their chosen field and understand the importance of collaboration and perseverance. We are proud and committed to our reputation as the team with the skills, fortitude and adaptability to always deliver and this is a quality we hope resonates with you too.
- Excellent track record of more than 5 years in a Project Management role, delivering projects up to $10M to an advanced level
- Demonstrable experience in managing high quality construction and design/construction (D+C) electrical projects incorporating industrial electrical and instrumented systems, understanding the equipment, the varying site requirements, logistics, environments, safety, etc
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Legal right to work in Australia
- Construction Card (white/blue) and current WA driver’s licence
- Current Western Australian A Grade Electrical Licence
- Current Apply First Aid/ CPR Certification.
- Extensive and efficient toolkit of financial tracking and project management skills required for managing a diverse range of projects
- Openness and agility to work within OFI and client systems and actively participate in continuous improvement of systems and processes
- Extensive experience and track record in managing remote area projects, providing appropriate guidance to site teams, and monitoring progress, quality and delivery both remotely and on site
- Well-established network of reliable suppliers and understanding of equipment and skills required for the extremes of the Western Australian environment, including construction equipment, instrumentation, analytical equipment and field devices :: our clients require reliable and effective equipment suitable for the site conditions which vary greatly, you need to have experience in understanding all aspects of this independently
- Excellent understanding of Australian Standards and how they relate to industrial electrical systems
- Truly ready to grow in your field, with a genuine thirst for knowledge, preparedness to go the extra mile to learn more, confidence to ask for clarity when it’s needed and supported by a determination to seek potential solutions/answers even when things feel they are beyond you
- Comfortable and confident to be around people; colleagues or our clients :: we need you to be able to actively engage with those you work with and work for
- Willingness and ability to attend project sites at regular intervals throughout the project lifecycle to ensure the successful delivery of the project, generally for a few days at a time. Occasionally longer duration attendance will be required at critical delivery points during the project
For more than 30 years, OFI has provided innovative electrical solutions across Australia to the Mining and Resource, Government and Defence, Fuels and Explosives and other key sectors.
Our specialist Electrical Engineering, Automation, Instrumentation and Design and Construction capabilities are borne from embracing evolutions within our industry, active research and development of new ideas and a consistent commitment to the development of our people, infrastructure and systems, to meet the changing needs of our clients.
OFI Powers Opportunity by:
- Investing in your continued training and development;
- Providing a supportive work environment with robust and proven systems and processes;
- Supporting and encouraging innovative and ground breaking solutions;
- Being wholly committed to maintaining strong safety standards: OFI has had no Lost Time Injuries (LTIs) since we opened our doors in 1989.
TO APPLY: Please email a current resume to email@example.com with the subject line PROJECT MANAGER
NOTE: Only applicants with current legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
No recruitment agencies please.