For more than 30 years, OFI has provided innovative electrical solutions across Australia to the Mining and Resource, Government and Defence, Fuels and Explosives and other key sectors.
Our specialist Electrical Engineering, Automation, Instrumentation and Design and Construction capabilities are borne from embracing evolutions within our industry, active research and development of new ideas and a consistent commitment to the development of our people, infrastructure and systems, to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Our dynamic team is comprised of excellent communicators who are skilled in their chosen field and understand the importance of collaboration and perseverance. We are proud and committed to our reputation as the team with the skills, fortitude and adaptability to always deliver.
OFI is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team in either our Bunbury or Perth office. The successful candidate will join an engaged and motivated team, dedicated to pursuing industry breakthroughs and elite systems performance, for the benefit of our clients.
OFI Powers Opportunity by:
- Investing in your continued training and development;
- Providing a supportive work environment with robust and proven systems and processes;
- Supporting and encouraging innovative and ground breaking solutions; and
- Being wholly committed to maintaining strong safety standards: OFI has had no Lost Time Injuries (LTIs) since we opened our doors in 1989.
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Can prove an excellent track record of more than 5 years in a Project Management role, delivering projects up to $10M to an advanced level.
- Has extensive and demonstrable experience in managing high quality Construction and Design/Construction (D+C) electrical projects, incorporating industrial electrical and instrumented systems, understanding the equipment, the varying site requirements, logistics, environments, safety, etc.
- Has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, dealing with apprentices through to large corporation clients, understanding their needs, motivations and requirements to get the job done;
- Has the legal right to work in Australia.
- Has a Construction Card (white/blue) and holds a current WA Driver’s Licence.
- Has exceptional skills and experience in “filling in the gaps”; from simple construction projects to sophisticated D+C industrial systems projects.
- Has an extensive and efficient toolkit of financial tracking and project management skills required for managing a diverse range of projects, with the agility to work with and within OFI and client systems and actively participate in continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- Has extensive experience and track record in managing remote area projects, providing appropriate guidance to site teams and monitoring progress, quality and delivery both remotely and on site.
- Has a well-established network of reliable suppliers and understanding of equipment and skills required for harsh Western Australian environments, including construction equipment, instrumentation, analytical equipment and field devices. Our clients require reliable and effective equipment suitable for the site conditions, which vary greatly; you need to have experience in understanding all aspects of this independently.
- Has an excellent understanding of Australian Standards and how they relate to Industrial Electrical Systems.
- Is truly ready to grow in your field; with a genuine thirst for knowledge, a preparedness to go the extra mile to learn more, confidence to ask for clarity when it’s needed supported by a determination to develop potential solutions/answers even when things feel like they are beyond you.
- Is comfortable and confident to be around people; be it with your colleagues or our clients. Whilst we don’t expect (or want) you to be the centre of attention all the time, we do need you to be able to actively engage with those you work with and for.
- And while this isn’t a full time fly-in fly-out role, you will need to have the ability to attend project sites periodically throughout the project life cycle to ensure the successful delivery of the project, generally for a few days at a time. Occasionally a longer duration will be required at critical delivery points during the project.
TO APPLY: Please call (08) 9701 9232 for a preliminary phone interview with our HR team.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT apply by sending us your CV – these applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Only applicants with current legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
No recruitment agencies please.