To support OFI’s rapid growth, we are looking for HSE Advisor to join our projects team with an immediate start.
The role will be engaged FIFO from Perth and the successful candidate will primarily support the leadership group on-site to ensure that HSE functions are performed and managed in accordance with legislative requirements and OFI’s policies and procedures.
For more than 30 years, OFI has provided innovative electrical solutions across Australia to the Mining and Resource, Government and Defence, Fuels and Explosives and other key sectors.
Our specialist Electrical Engineering, Automation, Instrumentation and Design and Construction capabilities are borne from embracing evolutions within our industry, active research and development of new ideas and a consistent commitment to the development of our people, infrastructure and systems, to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Our dynamic team is comprised of excellent communicators who are skilled in their chosen field and understand the importance of collaboration and perseverance. We are proud and committed to our reputation as the team with the skills, fortitude and adaptability to always deliver.
The successful candidate will join an engaged and motivated team, dedicated to pursuing industry breakthroughs and elite systems performance, for the benefit of our clients.
OFI Powers Opportunity by:
- Investing in your continued training and development
- Providing a supportive work environment with robust and proven systems and processes
- Supporting and encouraging innovative and ground breaking solutions
- Being wholly committed to maintaining strong safety standards: OFI has had no Lost Time Injuries (LTIs) since we opened our doors in 1989
- Manage HSE duties to provide an injury-free workplace
- Implement HSE initiatives
- Facilitate site-based project inductions and awareness training
- Develop risk assessments & HSE documents
- Conduct internal audits and workplace inspections
- Liaise with the client to provide HSE compliance
- Facilitating compliance with hazard and materials risks management
- Lead/Participate in risk assessments, JSEAs, Toolbox Talks and other briefings to employees
- Enforce and educate on Safety Practices and standards
- Provide immediate support for incident investigations, hazard management and follow-up on closeout actions
- Provide weekly safety reporting to the Project team
- Monitor weekly safety project specific KPI requirements and conversations
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar construction projects
- Demonstrable FIFO experience in the mining and resource sector with a knowledge of FMG site requirements
- Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment highly desirable
- Formal incident investigation training (TapRoot, Essential Factors or Icam)
- A strong understanding of risk and regulatory requirements associated with a construction project
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Strong computer skills
- First Aid Certificate
- Currently FMG Inducted
TO APPLY: Please call (08) 9725 6120 for a preliminary phone interview with our HR team.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT apply by sending us your CV – these applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Only applicants with current legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
No recruitment agencies please.