For more than 30 years, OFI has provided innovative electrical solutions across Australia to the Mining and Resource, Government and Defence, Fuels and Explosives and other key sectors.
Our specialist Electrical Engineering, Automation, Instrumentation and Design and Construction capabilities are borne from embracing evolutions within our industry, active research and development of new ideas and a consistent commitment to the development of our people, infrastructure and systems, to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Our dynamic team is comprised of excellent communicators who are skilled in their chosen field and understand the importance of collaboration and perseverance. We are proud and committed to our reputation as the team with the skills, fortitude and adaptability to always deliver.
OFI is seeking an experienced Electrical Project Coordinator to join our team in our Bunbury office. The successful candidate will join an engaged and motivated team, dedicated to pursuing industry breakthroughs and elite systems performance, for the benefit of our clients.
OFI Powers Opportunity by:
- Investing in your continued training and development;
- Providing a supportive work environment with robust and proven systems and processes;
- Supporting and encouraging innovative and ground breaking solutions; and
- Being wholly committed to maintaining strong safety standards: OFI has had no Lost Time Injuries (LTIs) since we opened our doors in 1989.
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Track record of more than 3 years in a Project Coordination role, assisting with the delivery of projects up to $10M.
- Demonstrable experience in coordinating, planning and scheduling Construction and Design/Construction (D+C) electrical projects incorporating industrial electrical and instrumented systems, understanding the equipment, the varying site requirements, logistics, environments, safety, etc.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, dealing with apprentices through to large corporation Clients, understanding their needs, motivations and requirements to get the job done.
- The ability to write clear, accurate and detailed reports.
- The legal right to work in Australia.
- Skills and experience in planning, scheduling, coordinating and tracking, from simple construction projects to sophisticated D+C industrial systems projects.
- An efficient toolkit of financial tracking and project monitoring skills required for coordinating a diverse range of projects, with the agility to work with and within OFI and client systems and actively participate in continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in project planning and tracking software such as Microsoft Project and/or Primavera is preferred.
- Experience and track record in coordinating projects, providing appropriate guidance and tracking tools to site teams, and monitoring progress, quality and delivery both remotely and on site.
- A well-established network of reliable suppliers and understanding of equipment and skills required for the harsh Western Australian environments, including construction equipment, instrumentation, analytical equipment and field devices. Our clients require reliable and effective equipment suitable for the site conditions which vary greatly, you need to have experience in understanding all aspects of this independently.
- An excellent understanding of Australian Standards and how they relate to Industrial Electrical Systems.
- Ready to grow in your field – with a genuine thirst for knowledge – a preparedness to go the extra mile to learn more – confidence to ask for clarity when it’s needed – supported by a determination to develop potential solutions/answers even when things feel like they beyond you.
- Comfortable and confident to be around people – be it with your colleagues or our clients. Whilst we don’t expect (or want) you to be the centre of attention all the time, we do need you to be able to actively engage with those you work with and work for
- While this isn’t a full time Fly in / Fly out role, you will need to have the ability to attend project sites periodically throughout the project life-cycle to monitor, track and ensure the successful delivery of the project, generally for a few days at a time. Occasionally longer duration attendance will be required at critical delivery points during the project.
TO APPLY: Please call (08) 9701 9232 for a preliminary phone interview with our HR team.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT apply by sending us your CV – these applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Only applicants with current legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
No recruitment agencies please.