For more than 30 years, OFI has provided innovative electrical solutions across Australia to the Mining and Resource, Government and Defence, Fuels and Explosives and other key sectors.
Our specialist Electrical Engineering, Automation, Instrumentation and Design and Construction capabilities are borne from embracing evolutions within our industry, active research and development of new ideas and a consistent commitment to the development of our people, infrastructure and systems, to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Our dynamic team is comprised of excellent communicators who are skilled in their chosen field and understand the importance of collaboration and perseverance. We are proud and committed to our reputation as the team with the skills, fortitude and adaptability to always deliver.
OFI is seeking an experienced Electrical Estimator to be based in Bunbury, Western Australia with more than five years’ experience working on industrial construction projects.
The successful candidate will join an engaged and motivated team, dedicated to pursuing industry breakthroughs and elite systems performance, for the benefit of our clients.
OFI Powers Opportunity by:
- Investing in your continued training and development;
- Providing a supportive work environment with robust and proven systems and processes;
- Supporting and encouraging innovative and ground breaking solutions;
- Being wholly committed to maintaining strong safety standards: OFI has had no Lost Time Injuries (LTIs) since we opened our doors in 1989.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Reside in Bunbury;
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Electrical Estimator in an industrial or engineering environment;
- Have a strong understanding of contract clauses, Australian Standard contracts and Government contracts;
- Understand the legal requirements and obligations of contracts;
- Determine operating requirements of contracts;
- Have experience in creating supplier, manufacturer and consultant sub-contracts;
- Be capable of writing contractual notices and managing contract operating provisions;
- Have experience in the development of client contracts;
- Be highly organised with excellent time management skills;
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills to liaise with clients, suppliers, subcontractors and OFI personnel;
- Hold a current WA Driver’s Licence;
- Prove an excellent track record of more than 5 years in a similar role, quoting projects up to $10M to an advanced level;
- Have extensive and demonstrable experience in completing high quality Construction and Design/Construction (D+C) estimates and proposals for industrial electrical systems, understanding the equipment, the varying site requirements, logistics, environments, safety, etc.;
- Have exceptional skills and experience in “filling in the gaps”, from quoting simple construction projects to sophisticated industrial systems with only client concepts;
- Have a well-established network of reliable suppliers and understanding of equipment suitable for the harsh Western Australian environments, including construction equipment, instrumentation, analytical equipment and field devices. Our clients require reliable and effective equipment suitable for the site conditions which vary greatly, you need to have experience in specifying all aspects of this independently;
- Have an excellent understanding of Australian Standards and how they relate to industrial electrical systems;
- Be physically capable and mentally confident to access on and off site work areas that are sometimes confined, elevated or have uneven terrain;
- Be truly ready to grow in your field; with a genuine thirst for knowledge, a preparedness to go the extra mile to learn more, have confidence to ask for clarity when it’s needed and have the determination to develop potential solutions/answers even when things feel they are beyond you;
- Be comfortable and confident to be around people; be it with your colleagues or our clients. Whilst we don’t expect (or want) you to be the centre of attention, we do need you to be able to actively engage with those you work with and work for;
- Diagnose clients’ needs by asking clear questions, processing information and providing recommendations and/or be able to reassure people that you will come back to them with solutions.
- Contribute to our work environment and success by playing an active and constructive part in our Review & Improve processes;
- Be reliable, punctual and reliable… no – that is not a typo; it’s our way of saying that we need to be able to count on you; and
- Be driven and capable of providing us with a significant return on the considerable investment we will make in you and your future.
TO APPLY: Please call (08) 9701 9232 for a preliminary phone interview with our HR team.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT apply by sending us your CV – these applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Only applicants with current legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
No recruitment agencies please.