About the Role
OFI is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineering Technician to be based in Bunbury, Western Australia with at least 5 years’ experience in Industrial Electrical applications.
The right candidate will join our dynamic team of excellent communicators who are skilled in their chosen field and understand the importance of collaboration and perseverance.
We are proud and committed to our reputation as the team with the skills, fortitude and adaptability to always deliver and this is a quality we hope resonates with you too.
- Hold (as a minimum) an Australian Applicable, Certificate III or Diploma of Electro Technology (Electronic and Electrical) with a minimum of 5 years experience in Industrial Electrical Applications, supported by a sound understanding of AS/NZS 3000 and applicable other Electrical Australian Standards and State Regulations.
- Hold an A Grade Electrical Licence
- Be capable of reading and interpreting P & IDs, electrical design drawings and can demonstrate industrial experience in control system programming i.e. PLC and SCADA at project level utilising OFI’s or client specific design procedure.
- Assist with research and design of process-control and instrumentation systems, communication systems, computer and other electronic systems.
- Assist in developing project specific commissioning procedures and training manuals for electrical and control installations.
- Assist in testing and starting up electrical equipment and installations, and in supervising operations and maintenance.
- Analyse and interpret test information to resolve design-related problems.
- Diagnose cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and perform preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Capable to build and wire power and control panels.
- Assist Project Managers in creating BoQ for materials and identify any critical items that have an impact on project execution.
- Assist Project Managers in preparing project cost and work-time estimates as required.
- Be capable and willing to work away in remote locations (whilst not every other week, there will be times that you’ll need to be on site for anywhere from a couple of days to a week or more).
- Be physically capable and mentally confident to access on and off site work areas that are sometimes confined, elevated or have uneven terrain.
- Reside in the Bunbury/South West area, or willing to relocate.
- Hold a current WA Driver’s Licence.
For more than 30 years, OFI has provided innovative electrical solutions across Australia to the Mining and Resource, Government and Defence, Fuels and Explosives and other key sectors.
Our specialist Electrical Engineering, Automation, Instrumentation and Design and Construction capabilities are borne from embracing evolutions within our industry, active research and development of new ideas and a consistent commitment to the development of our people, infrastructure and systems, to meet the changing needs of our clients.
OFI powers opportunity by:
- Investing in your continued training and development;
- Providing a supportive work environment with robust and proven systems and processes;
- Supporting and encouraging innovative and ground breaking solutions; and
- Being wholly committed to maintaining strong safety standards: OFI has had no Lost Time Injuries (LTIs) since we opened our doors in 1989.
TO APPLY: Please email current resume to email@example.com with the subject line ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN.
NOTE: Only applicants with current legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
No recruitment agencies please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org