For more than 30 years, OFI has provided innovative electrical solutions across Australia to the Mining and Resource, Government and Defence, Fuels and Explosives and other key sectors.
Our specialist Electrical Engineering, Automation, Instrumentation and Design and Construction capabilities are borne from embracing evolutions within our industry, active research and development of new ideas and a consistent commitment to the development of our people, infrastructure and systems, to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Our dynamic team is comprised of excellent communicators who are skilled in their chosen field and understand the importance of collaboration and perseverance. We are proud and committed to our reputation as the team with the skills, fortitude and adaptability to always deliver.
OFI is seeking an experienced Electrical Design and Draftsperson to be based in to be based either in Perth or Bunbury, Western Australia with at least five years experience in Industrial Electrical Applications.
The successful candidate will join an engaged and motivated team, dedicated to pursuing industry breakthroughs and elite systems performance, for the benefit of our clients.
OFI Powers Opportunity by:
- Investing in your continued training and development;
- Providing a supportive work environment with robust and proven systems and processes;
- Supporting and encouraging innovative and ground breaking solutions;
- Being wholly committed to maintaining strong safety standards: OFI has had no Lost Time Injuries (LTIs) since we opened our doors in 1989.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Reside in Perth or Bunbury, Western Australia;
- Hold (as a minimum) an Australian Electrical Trade or Engineering Certificate with at least five years experience in Industrial Electrical Applications, supported by a good understanding of AS/NZS 3000 and applicable other electrical Australian Standards and State Regulations;
- Have Computer Aided Design Packages (Auto CAD) experience (intermediate to advanced) and competency in power system, control, instrumentation and communication designs for Australian industrial and mining projects;
- Have experience working with E&IC design (mining, processing plants, fuels infrastructure, power generation);
- Have excellent understanding of P&IDs, PFDs, electrical and instrument control packages/drawings.
- Have experience with client electrical and control specifications and site electrical standards;
- Have Hazardous Area Design experience for flammable and dust installations;
- Have experience in selecting instrumentation, electrical/control components, PLC and communications equipment;
- Collaborate with Engineers to complete designs and calculations for the specification, installation and operation of electrical and control equipment;
- Create work packs for construction, inspection and testing teams;
- Visit remote sites for as-builds and red-lines for existing industrial installation and make recommendations for expansions and upgrades;
- Hold a current WA Driver’s Licence;
- Be highly organised with excellent time management skills;
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills to liaise with clients, suppliers, subcontractors and OFI personnel.
TO APPLY: Please call (08) 9701 9232 for a preliminary phone interview with our HR team.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT apply by sending us your CV – these applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Only applicants with current legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
No recruitment agencies please.