OFI is seeking an experienced Control Systems Engineer to be based in Bunbury, Western Australia.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the completion of instrument and control designs for all aspects of industrial systems. As a Control Systems Engineer at OFI you will be responsible for mentoring your colleagues, including Graduate Engineers and support the production and testing of designs to specifications and current Standards and Regulations. You will also be responsible for the approval of designs to ensure that Standards and Specifications are adhered to, and the equipment performance meets/exceeds design parameters.
For more than 30 years, OFI has provided innovative electrical solutions across Australia to the Mining and Resource, Government and Defence, Fuels and Explosives and other key sectors.
Our specialist Electrical Engineering, Automation, Instrumentation and Design and Construction capabilities are borne from embracing evolutions within our industry, active research and development of new ideas and a consistent commitment to the development of our people, infrastructure and systems, to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Our dynamic team is comprised of excellent communicators who are skilled in their chosen field and understand the importance of collaboration and perseverance. We are proud and committed to our reputation as the team with the skills, fortitude and adaptability to always deliver.
The successful candidate will join an engaged and motivated team, dedicated to pursuing industry breakthroughs and elite systems performance, for the benefit of our clients.
OFI Powers Opportunity by:
- Investing in your continued training and development
- Providing a supportive work environment with robust and proven systems and processes
- Supporting and encouraging innovative and ground breaking solutions
- Being wholly committed to maintaining strong safety standards: OFI has had no Lost Time Injuries (LTIs) since we opened our doors in 1989
To be successful in this role you will need to:
Coordinate and control of the following aspects of projects, electrical, instrumentation and control systems works:
- Work in conjunction with other engineering disciplines to meet client requirements in a cost effective and timely manner and to a high industry standard
- Work with electrical design and drafting personnel to complete quality designs
- Work to client specifications and scope of works
- Participation in project/technical meetings, including HAZOPS, CRAWs, Risk Assessments, Design Workshops etc
- Manage workloads and time in an effective manner without compromising the work quality
- Adhere to systems, work flows and procedures in place among different disciplines
Assist Project Managers with:
- Requisition of project specific parts and materials
- Completion of quantity and cost estimates for materials, identifying delivery timeframes and critical path analysis
Directly undertake the following aspects of projects, electrical, instrumentation and control systems works:
- Complete all aspects of instrumentation and control design; including, but not limited to, developing Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), Control System Functional Descriptions (CSFD)
- Research and design of process-control and instrumentation systems, communication systems, and computer and other electronic systems
- Develop control system specifications in accordance to Client requirements, functional requirements and commercial/business objectives;
- Programme PLC’s and SCADA at project level, utilising the organisation’s design procedure
- Complete and approve design calculations to ensure the correct specification, installation and operation of instrumentation and control equipment
- Prepare and review control system manuals for instrumentation and control installations
- Prepare, review and approve Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) documents
- Develop commissioning procedures for instrumentation and control installations
- Assist in testing and starting up electrical equipment and installations
- Analyse and interpret test information to resolve design-related problems
- Collaborate with other Engineers and personnel to identify, define and solve developmental problems
- Diagnose cause of instrumentation and control malfunction or failure of operational equipment
- Oversee instrumentation and control installations when required to ensure compliance with designs and vendor specifications
- Perform calibrations, configuration, tests and adjustments to electrical and control equipment, including instrumentation
- Conduct inspections for quality control and assurance programmes, reporting findings and recommendations
- Maintain automated production processes
- Participate in and contribute to technical meetings and design reviews for the discussion of issues, risks, design alternatives and directions
- Conduct one’s self in a professional, ethical and respectful manner when dealing with other employees, suppliers and clients
TO APPLY: Please call (08) 9725 6120 for a preliminary phone interview with our HR team.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT apply by sending us your CV – these applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Only applicants with current legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
No recruitment agencies please.